Some issues have arisen lately regarding Silent Servants at Emmaus Walks and the board would like to review some things with you.
Remember we are SILENT SERVANTS! This means we come, serve and leave. We do not attempt to converse with the team or pilgrims. If it is possible to stay out of sight that is even better.
1. When serving meals do not converse with the team or pilgrims. Just deliver their meal with a smile and move on. If you are a sponsor, do not change the serving order just to give your pilgrim their plate. If it works out in the normal order of things for you to give your pilgrim their plate fine, but don’t change things to make it happen. Don’t serve your pilgrim and leave. Please stay and help until all have been served.
2. If you want to help, PLEASE sign up on the webpage before Thursday evening. The kitchen chairperson will check to see who is signed up before the walk starts, but may not have time or access to be able to check it during the weekend.
3. Signing up in advance on the website is a huge help. It allows the kitchen chairperson to plan ahead and know who will be coming to help for that time slot. If you do not sign up on the web please understand that those that did sign up will be used in those slots first. If we have too many you may be asked to do some other task.
1. Sign up for the set-up, luggage angels, and shower angels needs to be prior to Wednesday so the logistics chairperson can make plans for the weekend.
2. Sign-up for Sunday tear down needs to be before Saturday.
1. Sign up for Thursday needs to be before Wednesday.
2. Sign up for ice cream party needs to be before Friday.
3. Sign up for Sunday closing needs to be before Friday.
It is vitally important that we have silent servants to be able to have successful walks. It is also important that we do so in an orderly fashion. PLEASE continue to sign up and help…and come with a willing heart to do whatever job is needed.